Online Course - Taste Tea like a Professional
Learn How To...
The major tea categories - White, Green, Oolong, Black & Pu'er - and 30 famous teas that fall within, like Long Jing, Silver Needle & Gyokuro.
Not all teas are created equal. Learn how to differentiate between quality levels, using Mona's tips and tricks learned from her travels.
TASTE & EVALUATE
Taste & evaluate tea like a professional. Know which aspects matter most, and practice the tasting methods and terminology that industry professionals use.
We're committed to tea education and want to help you appreciate your leaves on a deeper level.
This course is for you, if:
- You've been drinking tea for some time, but still have trouble expressing flavor notes and identifying high quality teas.
- You're looking to enhance your tasting and evaluating abilities, by refining your taste vocabulary, learning which aspects are key for evaluation, etc.
- You feel overwhelmed by the information and mystique surrounding tea, and want a succinct & easy to understand guide.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Eloquently articulate flavor notes to others.
- Use your senses to get the most out of your tea tasting experiences.
- Train your taste buds to identify major tea styles.
- Distinguish high quality teas from the rest.
- Appreciate the terroir, cultivar, seasons and processes behind your tea leaves.
9 chapters in total, which you can watch at your own pace, and have lifetime access to. This includes a total of:
- 150+ minutes of video tutorials
- 20+ downloadable PDFs
- Optional quizzes & assignments
Additionally, as a student you will gain access to:
- 6 live-streamed classes with the instructor (1 each month)
- A private learning community Facebook group
Chapter 1: Offers an introduction to the five main tea categories.
Chapter 2-4: Teaches you foundational tasting, evaluating & brewing skills, which you can apply to any tea.
Chapter 5-9: Dives into each tea category to highlight the major tea styles, and specific quality markers to look for, exemplified through side by side taste comparisons.
What you'll need:
A basic familiarity with tea & a simple brewing device (a teapot or strainer works).
There are 2 options available:
A) Course Only at $129
- You will get immediate access to the course and all 9 chapters upon purchase, which you can watch at your own pace. Or:
B) For Hong Kong customers only : Course + Tea Sampler + Book at $169 (shipping included) - Valued at $179
- You will get immediate access to the course and all 9 chapters upon purchase, which you can watch at your own pace.
- We're collaborating with the publisher of Tea is For Everyone (our favorite introductory book into Chinese tea) and combining it with our six tea sampler (a taster of our farm-sourced teas) to give you the full experience! Learn more about the book here and read Nicole's (@Tea For Me Please) review of it here.
- The book and tea sampler will be shipped locally within 1-5 business days of your purchase.
The final day to enroll for the course will be Dec 25th, 2020, and it can be accessed from anywhere around the world.
For Hong Kong customers, you will also have Option B (course + tea sampler + book) available to you, until Dec 25th, 2020.
Still Not Sure?
To reduce uncertainty, we offer a 7 day money-back guarantee on the course, if you find the content does not align with your needs or expectations.
*This does not apply to the tea sampler or book.
Check out our FAQ page.
Connie of Tea in Spoons recently reviewed our online course! Read Connie's Review here.
Read one student's journey through tea and how the course impacted her here.