Are you a Gin & Tonic fan? Do you like the flavors of lemongrass and ginger? This summer, I've been playing around with refreshing tea-infused cocktails and here is my favorite: G & Tea!
A refreshing and spicy sweet spin on the classic Gin and Tonic, this G & Tea is dangerously easy to sip on and a party crowd-pleaser.
Cold brewed Lemongrass is such a wonderful summer beverage and the ginger adds a touch of spicy sweetness that is irresistible when combined with gin. I also love how easy it is to make!
G & Tea!
- 15g Lemongrass
- 1 cup sliced fresh ginger, peeled
- 4 cups water (950ml)
- 1 cup sugar
- Gin (We like Bombay Sapphire)
- First, cold-brew the Lemongrass in a pitcher: Add the lemongrass leaves to 3 cups of room temperature water and refrigerate for 6 - 8 hours.
To make the ginger simple syrup:
- Combine the sugar and 3/4 cup water in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Once dissolved, add the ginger and continue to heat, bringing the syrup to a light boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 15 mins.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool and steep in the covered pan for about 1 hour.
- Strain out the ginger and bottle the infusion. Refrigerate for a couple hours.
- Divide the lemongrass infusion between 6 glasses of ice.
- Add a little ginger simple syrup to each glass, followed by gin (4 parts cold-brewed lemongrass, 1 part ginger simple syrup, 1 part gin).
- Stir together and enjoy!
For a summer mocktail, substitute the gin for a splash of soda water.
Prepared at home for my sister's birthday party :)
This recipe was adapted from this post by The Spruce Eats.
Have you ever made or tasted a tea-infused cocktail? Feel free to share your experience below! ♥