Online Course - Taste Tea like a Professional
Learn How To...
The major tea categories - White, Green, Oolong, Black & Pu'er - and 30 famous teas that fall within, like Long Jing, Silver Needle & Gyokuro.
Not all teas are created equal. Learn how to differentiate between quality levels, using Mona's tips and tricks learned from her travels.
TASTE & EVALUATE
Taste & evaluate tea like a professional. Know which aspects matter most, and practice the tasting methods and terminology that industry professionals use.
We're committed to tea education and want to help you appreciate your leaves on a deeper level.
This course is for you, if:
- You've been drinking tea for some time, but still have trouble expressing flavor notes and identifying high quality teas.
- You're looking to enhance your tasting and evaluating abilities, by refining your taste vocabulary, learning which aspects are key for evaluation, etc.
- You feel overwhelmed by the information and mystique surrounding tea, and want a succinct & easy to understand guide.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Eloquently articulate flavor notes to others.
- Use your senses to get the most out of your tea tasting experiences.
- Train your taste buds to identify major tea styles.
- Distinguish high quality teas from the rest.
- Appreciate the terroir, cultivar, seasons and processes behind your tea leaves.
9 chapters in total, which you can watch at your own pace, and have lifetime access to. This includes a total of:
- 150+ minutes of video tutorials
- 20+ downloadable PDFs
- Optional quizzes & assignments
Additionally, as a student you will gain access to:
- 6 live-streamed classes with the instructor (1 each month)
- A private learning community Facebook group
Chapter 1: Offers an introduction to the five main tea categories.
Chapter 2-4: Teaches you foundational tasting, evaluating & brewing skills, which you can apply to any tea.
Chapter 5-9: Dives into each tea category to highlight the major tea styles, and specific quality markers to look for, exemplified through side by side taste comparisons.
What you'll need:
A basic familiarity with tea & a simple brewing device (a teapot or strainer works).
There are 2 options available to you:
A) Course Only at $129
- You will get immediate access to the course and all 9 chapters upon purchase, which you can watch at your own pace. Or:
B) Course + Tea Sampler + Book at $169 (worldwide shipping included) - Valued at $179
- You will get immediate access to the course and all 9 chapters upon purchase, which you can watch at your own pace.
- We're collaborating with the publisher of Tea is For Everyone (our favorite introductory book into Chinese tea) and combining it with our six tea sampler (a taster of our farm-sourced teas) to give you the full experience! Learn more about the book here and read Nicole's (@Tea For Me Please) review of it here.
- The book and tea sampler will be shipped from Hong Kong within 1-5 business days of your purchase. Orders are currently taking 1-3 weeks to deliver to the US. Please see our estimated delivery times to each country here.
We're keeping enrollment open through the holidays! The final day to enroll for Option B (course + tea sampler + book) will be Nov 27th, 2020. For the course only, it will be Dec 25th, 2020.
Still Not Sure?
To reduce uncertainty, we offer a 7 day money-back guarantee on the course, if you find the content does not align with your needs or expectations.
*This does not apply to the tea sampler or book.
Check out our FAQ page.
Read one student's journey through tea and how the course impacted her here.