As the cold drafts start to blow in this fall, I find myself cozied up at home under layers of fluffy blankets. The comforting, honeyed notes of this beautiful golden liqueur is the perfect companion to crisp autumn moments. I hope you will enjoy this simple cooked Shou Mei.
When gently roasted over the stove, the cooked Shou Mei releases delicious scents of freshly baked bread. Coupled with just a few tablespoons of honey, this easy recipe gives wonderfully complex flavors.
Whether drunk on its own or alongside a few pastries, this cooked tea has become my new Fall drink.
Cooked Shou Mei Mini
- 500ml water
- 1 Shou Mei Mini
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- Bring 500ml of water to boil over the stove
- Add the Shou Mei Mini square and boil for 2 minutes
- Add 2 - 3 tbsp of honey and stir
- Reduce the heat to low and let the Shou Mei simmer for 3 minutes
- Filter out tea leaves, pour and enjoy!
Post written by Mona's sister and recipe whiz, Sherina Jhunjhnuwala ♥
Have you ever cooked your tea over the stove? What flavors are you craving this Fall? Feel free to share your thoughts below.