Online Course - Taste Tea like a Professional
Learn How To...
The major tea categories - White, Green, Oolong, Black & Pu'er - and 30 famous teas that fall within, like Long Jing, Silver Needle & Gyokuro.
Not all teas are created equal. Learn how to differentiate between quality levels, using Mona's tips and tricks learned from her travels.
TASTE & EVALUATE
Taste & evaluate tea like a professional. Know which aspects matter most, and practice the tasting methods and terminology that industry professionals use.
We're committed to tea education and want to help you appreciate your leaves on a deeper level.
This course is for you, if:
- You've been drinking tea for some time, but still have trouble expressing flavor notes and identifying high quality teas.
- You're looking to enhance your tasting and evaluating abilities, by refining your taste vocabulary, learning which aspects are key for evaluation, etc.
- You feel overwhelmed by the information and mystique surrounding tea, and want a succinct & easy to understand guide.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Eloquently articulate flavor notes to others.
- Use your senses to get the most out of your tea tasting experiences.
- Distinguish high quality teas from the rest.
- Appreciate the terroir, cultivar, seasons and processes behind your tea leaves.
9 chapters in total, which you can watch at your own pace, and have lifetime access to. This includes a total of:
- 150+ minutes of video tutorials
- 20+ downloadable PDFs
- Optional quizzes & assignments
Additionally, as a student you will gain access to:
- A private learning community Facebook group
- Monthly open journaling time with your peers, guided by the instructor
- One-on-one tea chats with the instructor (two 30 minute calls)
Chapter 1: Offers an introduction to the five main tea categories.
Chapter 2-4: Teaches you foundational tasting, evaluating & brewing skills, which you can apply to any tea.
Chapter 5-9: Dives into each tea category to highlight the major tea styles, and specific quality markers to look for, exemplified through side by side taste comparisons.
What you'll need:
A basic familiarity with tea & a simple brewing device (e.g. a teapot or gaiwan).
There are 2 options available:
A) Course at $149
- You will gain lifetime access to the course and all 9 chapters within 24 hours of purchase, which you can watch at your own pace. Or:
B) Course + Tea Sampler + Tasting Journal at $165 (shipping included) - Offer ends May 23
- You will gain lifetime access to the course and all 9 chapters within 24 hours of purchase, which you can watch at your own pace.
- We're combining the course with our custom-designed Tea Tasting Journal and Starter Tea Sampler (a taster of six of our farm-sourced teas) to give you the full experience!
- The journal and tea sampler will be shipped within 1-5 business days of your purchase.
We're keep our enrollment open from now on. However, for those who order the course + sampler + journal bundle before May 23rd, we're offering it at a special price of $165. After this date it will be priced at $185 (valued at $204).
Still Not Sure?
To reduce uncertainty, we offer a 7 day money-back guarantee on the course, if you find the content does not align with your needs or expectations.
*This does not apply to the tea sampler or journal once shipped.
If you would like to enroll but need flexibility in your payment plan, please contact us here to work out an installment plan.
Check out our FAQ page.
Connie from Tea in Spoons reviewed our online course! Read Connie's Review.
Read one student's journey through tea and how the course impacted her here.